Several top-level forms have improperly-located docstrings

Description

A number of top-level forms have docstrings which are improperly-located within the defining form (viz. defn / defn- / defmacro), and thus are discarded rather than attached as proper metadata. I believe I have fixed all (10) instances within the project with my patch.

The following code demonstrates the problem and the efficacy of the patch:

Prescreened by: Alex Miller

Environment

None

Activity

Show:
Andy Fingerhut
May 30, 2017, 4:26 AM

If your 'after patch' expression truly does evaluate to false, it doesn't give much confidence that your change fixed them all, does it? Shouldn't it evaluate to true? Perhaps it isn't true because of some behavior related to defn- and doc strings. I have not checked.

CLJ-1314 has a change like this for clojure.set/bubble-max-key only. If this change is committed, that issue could be closed, too.

Cameron Desautels
May 30, 2017, 4:55 AM

Ha. Apologies. This is a typo. It evaluates to true, as I encourage anyone to test.

I'll amend it.

Cameron Desautels
May 30, 2017, 5:01 AM

Hmm, perhaps I don't have permission to edit. The typo stands, for now.

To clarify for anyone reading: the issue description has a typo, not the patch.

Alex Miller
May 30, 2017, 2:59 PM

I gave you edit rights.

Cameron Desautels
May 30, 2017, 4:47 PM

Thank you. I have corrected the issue description.

Completed

Assignee

Unassigned

Reporter

Cameron Desautels

Labels

Approval

Ok

Patch

Code

Fix versions

Affects versions

Priority

Minor
Configure